The following classes form the basic professions of the players of Duris. The links show the in-game help files giving the basics of each of the listed classes. Some caster classes (those that require spellbooks and teachers from whom to learn their spells) do not readily have access to teachers of their own and must scribe their spells from teachers of other classes who also utilize those spells.
- Alchemist (Currently disabled)
At level 30 and above, players may choose to seek out a teacher to convert their classes from the basic forms to a more specialized version. Specialization gives a list of things from new innates to skills and/or spells.
- Goodie Specialization Teachers - A guide to the goodie race specialization teachers.
- Evil Specialization Teachers - A guide to the evil race specialization teachers.
The Newbie Guides are divided into sections to make them easier to navigate. Some of the guides are geared a little bit more toward lowbies than actual newbies, but the majority are as advertised.
General newbie guides include the following:
- Ailvio, Duris Newbie Outpost - Map of Ailvio, the Duris Newbie Outpost
- Beginners Guide to Duris - For players new to Duris and/or MUD'ing in general
- Xarmin's Refresher Course - For those of you coming back from a long break.
- Understanding Magic Shields - A guide explaining the basics of magic shields.
- Experience Strategy - Simple strategies to gaining experience on Duris.
- River Navigation - Information on overcoming the limitations that rivers and lakes place on movement.
- Minor Creation - Something all mages should know.
- A Guide to Stat Improvement - A guide to improving character stats.
- Locker Guide - A guide to locker usage
- Named Equipment - List of zones providing additional benefits for collecting sets of the randomly generated equipment.
Ice Crag related guides are here:
- Werrun Beef Guide - A guide to finding and purchasing the beefs one sees eaten ubiquitously around the MUD for there regenerative powers.
- Chesynn the Tundra Hunter Quests - A guide to the quests of Chesynn the Tundra Hunter.
Underdark related guides are:
- Myconid Forest Passage - A guide that shows a quick passage from the Khildarak area to the vicinity of Ixarkon.
Races and Character Stats - Tables and Details on all the playable races, and an explanation on how statistics impact your gameplay
Epic Zone GuidesEdit
Artifacts, Uniques and IounsEdit
Artifacts, Uniques and Iouns - Tables and Details on all the known artifacts, and an explanation what they are, how they work and how to use them.